Thursday, January 6, 2011

V for Venn Diagram


There's a theory in law that applies here: Res Ipsa Loquitur.  It means: "The thing speaks for itself."  It's usually applied to cases where there is a banana peel on the ground, and someone has slipped and fallen.  It is res ipsa loquitur that the banana peel caused the fall.  Here, res ipsa works literally.  The Venn diagram speaks for itself.  It needs no explanation and is pure genius.

I love the website I pulled this from:  This is Indexed.  I love their slogan even more: "published weekday mornings as the coffee brews."  Impressive that the creator can put together this kind of material before even having a cup of coffee.  In fact, I just got her "widget" (another strange correlation between legal speak and blogging), and plan to add this site to my regular perusal.  I'll be honest, as someone who is terrible at math, I actually have to think about a lot of the diagrams.  It's humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment