Friday, March 11, 2011

courtoons, comments and cupcakes.

career services Courtoon (legal cartoon)This courtoon also struck me, maybe because the day I read it, I had just spent the morning at a Chamber of Commerce event honoring local small businesses... and one of the panelist speakers was none other than the owner of the Denver Cupcake Truck.  Now don't get me wrong... I think the Denver Cupcake Truck is an AWESOME idea... I'm just bummed I didn't think of it first.  I love the way their company relies on social media and self-marketing... and I love that they sell bacon-flavored cupcakes and were featured on NPR.  I love it.  It's creative and fun.  Beats the heck out of being a lawyer. 

Again, at the risk if it being too soon... the cupcake courtoon totally speaks for itself.  But for those missing the point, I'm happy to spell it out for you: There are too many lawyers.  There are not enough jobs.  It is important to consider other, non-traditional career paths.  Such as selling cupcakes.  Unfortunately, going solo selling cupcakes, even for those as successful at it as the Denver Cupcake Truck contingency, won't make you enough money to pay back those pesky law school loans.

palsgraf-appeal CourtoonBUT... if you do go to law school (or even if you go to your first semester of law school and then, when you do just ok on your finals and don't end up in the top 5% of your class and you realize that maybe you should cut your losses and be done with the whole thing) at least you'll understand this courtoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment