Friday, October 21, 2011

a fresh perspective

The other night, it was late... very late, and I was still at the office with a deadline.  There are a few important things to note with this, however:  (1) I had a deadline because I was the one who created the deadline, (2) my dog was at the office with me, and (3) I was thoroughly enjoying what I was working on.  None of these things would have happened in law.  It would have been a late night because of someone else's (probably pointless) deadline, and I would have been doing work I hated with no trusty chocolate lab sidekick.  The other positive: I was there with my new AWESOME coworker, who is basically the beans to my rice.

At 11:30 pm or so, just as the wheels were starting to come off and columns were blending into rows, Beans decided we needed a 5 minute breather and sent me the website 1000 Awesome Things.  Go there.  See if you can read it for just 2 minutes.  You can't.  It's smart, funny, and most importantly, it's a really AWESOME perspective on everyday things that we take for granted.  The guy who writes this blog must be so happy, and I found myself saying, "Yeah!  TOTALLY!!" about every three posts.

We've decided to start writing down our Awesome Things.  As Tim would say, "It's important to make the invisible, visible."  Something about actually writing out a great thing when it happens makes it officially "Awesome."

So here's my first:  Bringing tomato soup to work for lunch and finding out there's a huge box of Goldfish in the office.  AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment