Tuesday, December 21, 2010

welcome to society

Last night, I finally watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  Yes, "finally" and "No, I had never seen it before."

Recently, a couple co-workers put into writing what I have known about myself for a very long time.  I haven't seen ANY movies.  No, but really... like, none.  It was so appalling to my witty co-workers that they decided to make a list of the "classic" movies every human (especially funny humans) must see.  The following is the list, which I have committed to work through over the next few years.  And again, no, I promise, I have NOT seen any of the following movies, and no I do not have an explanation for how that is even possible.


Fast Times at RidgeMont High
Caddyshack
Stripes
Fletch
Fletch Lives
Singles
National Lampoons Vacation
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation  (saw this one last night!)  :)
Breakfast Club
St. Elmo's Fire
Pretty In Pink
Some Kind of Wonderful
About Last Night
Raising Arizona
Animal House
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Reservoir Dogs
Scarface
Godfather
Godfather II
Amadeus
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Night Shift
Less Than Zero
The Sure Thing
Gross Pointe Blank
Beverly Hills Cop
The Untouchables
Running Scared
48 Hours
Midnight Run
Blues Brothers
Trading Places
Risky Business
The Outsiders

2 comments:

  1. Funny! I have only seen a few of these. I'm also criticized for never seeing the Raiders of the Lost Ark movies or the original Star Wars movies (once I saw one of the newer Star Wars movies with a boyfriend at the midnight show). And I just saw the Fugitive, which was apparently very popular, last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched Raising Arizona (again) and you should put it at the top of your list. So friggin' funny! :)

    ReplyDelete