Monday, November 29, 2010

At Least You're Not This Guy

My apologies for not giving everyone something to peruse during the idle (digestive) moments of a holiday weekend.  I hope that even the most bitter of folks found something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  And, for those Thanksgiving grinches who didn't think they had anything to be thankful for... I give you the first in a series dedicated to making you feel better about your life, called "At Least You're Not This Guy."

This article makes me cringe, despite my reluctant concurrence with the guy's motive (...or "trigger" if you will).  The full complaint by the man's wife can be found on The Smoking Gun (it's three pages... so make sure you click through all of them...).  I recognize that my brief blogging hiatus may translate to me relaying old news.  So for those who already got their hands on Us Weekly and read anything other than the 5 page spread on Princess Catherine (I admire her name switch), my sincerest apologies.

As one who also gets fired up (ha) about politics and also often feels helpless when confronted with the mess we've made, I've often thrown up my hands and copped out with a response like "well, I guess I just have to trust that the system works."  But this man... Steven Get Your Gun... has made quite a name for himself (and consequently, I bet this guy is pissed).

As if this all isn't weird enough, apparently this is not a strange reaction for Wisconsinites during frustrating times.  Take, for another example, this guy.  My favorite part about this particular article, is the note at the bottom that any warranty this guy might otherwise be entitled to, is void as a result of the incident.   Fantastic.

So no matter how bad you think you might have it... no matter how bad you find the current political state of our country ... (say it with me) At Least You're Not This Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment