Tuesday, February 1, 2011

a missed apology

I crushed dreams this weekend.  I insulted intelligence and then crushed dreams.  Needless to say, I'm not proud of myself.

It turns out then when the contents of a majority of this blog are combined with an open bar, the results are nothing short of offensive.  While at my firm's post-holiday holiday party, the bartender asked me how life as a lawyer was and then informed me of his plans to apply to law school.  He had recently graduated from undergrad with a degree in finance and had taken the LSAT.  Unleash the dogs. 

After determining that he would be taking out loans to finance his education and pay his living expenses, and was considering the exorbitant tuition of private law schools, I proceeded to literally rant (I guess as opposed to "virtually ranting," which I do on here) about... well... everything that I rant about, including without limitation, how paying for law school with loans is single-handedly the worst possible life decision one could make.  I mean, to hear me talk, committing to a life of law school debt was far worse than dedicating your life to a meth addiction.  I mean, don't get me wrong, it's bad... but you at least get to keep all your teeth.

Fortunately for you blog-readers, you can just click a little "x" in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and I go away.  I know it... sometimes, I get to be a bit too much (and I also know that many of your are staring at the screen asking "sometimes?!?!?!?" Yeah, I know.).  Unfortunately for this poor little bartender, it was his job to continue to serve our group drinks, thereby perpetuating my dedication to abrasively shoving my opinions down his throat.

Im sure at some point in my ranting, I threw out that I write this blog.  Actually, I'm sure I repeated myself on that point, as I did every other point I made... So, Bartender, in the event you might be crazy enough to actually seek out my blog (as if I somehow didn't make myself clear and you require further information on the subject), I hope that you will  consider this a "missed apology." 

     - the vodka drinker with a lawyering problem (Chophouse, Saturday night)

1 comment:

  1. You must have a thing for bartenders with finance degrees... :)

    ReplyDelete