Friday, February 4, 2011

sh**ty sh**ty bang bang

I made a mistake.  I committed one of the cardinal sins of the beauty world.  I went for a haircut when I was FINE.  And by fine, I mean F.I.N.E. - Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional.  Women should never get their hair cut when they are FINE.  That's when mistakes happen.  I used to go to a stylist who would perform a mini-therapy session on me whenever I wanted to make a "big" change.  Based on my answers, she would either agree or refuse to grant my hair request.  Once, following a particularly brutal break-up, she refused to give me a pixie cut.  I still thank her for that one. 

Last night, I went to a new stylist, while in the midst of one of the most emotional days I've had in a long time.  I had decided I wanted bangs.  I havent had bangs since I was about 12.  I remember the agony of growing them out then.  But clearly, I didn't remember it well enough.  So now I have bangs.  I also apparently have a cowlick.  Bangs and cowlicks do not mix.  I also have fly-aways (from that one day I overheard one of the girls at the gym say "skinny body, fat hair" as she teased her hair.  I laughed so hard, and loved her hair so much, I quickly followed suit.  That was also a mistake).  Fly-aways, bangs and a cowlick do not mix.  I tried to make the bangs stay in place by using styling wax.  Now they just look greasy. 

Greasy bangs + cowlick + fly-aways = not my best look.

No comments:

Post a Comment