Tuesday, October 12, 2010

i'm only happy when it raaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnsssss

Ok, that's not true at all.  My allergies flare up, my hair gets all curly and it's impossible to get out of bed.  But this morning, amidst a torrential downpour, I have new-found inspiration and motivation to make this book happen.  I'm sure some of you are wondering when the book blog posts will start, and my answer for you is: soon... hopefully soon.

Right now, the act of blogging has been more out of commitment to non-legal writing than anything else.  I am trying to make myself write everyday (or as close thereto as possible.... I am also trying to avoid words like "thereto").  I'm hoping that by forcing myself to write, even when I feel like I don't have anything to write about, I will develop a habit and routine I can stick with.  I apologize for what that means for my audience:  Some days, I will just be boring... or bitter and repetitive.  I can easily fall back on bitter.  I will do my best to avoid the mundane, pessimistic and broken record rants, and I also promise to make the transition to book posts in the very near future.

The clouds and rain this morning made me want to sit at my table at home with a cup of coffee (or four) and crank out some more of this story, which is getting more and more complicated in my head as the days go by...  I have that frantic feeling - like if I don't start writing it all down soon, It won't be there when I actually sit down with that cup of coffee to finally put the thoughts to paper.

Bring on the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment